Sunday, November 16, 2008

Presidente Obama

For the first time in history we have a black President. A man of color! As I spoke to my wife, I told her that I hoped and prayed that one day our children would be able to see a President of color.

Was this the moment? I hoped that my children would be able to see a Black President, hopefully a Hispanic President, a woman President, an Asian President and a Jewish President. The time has come. Today, November 4, 2008, America elected Barack Obama, our nation’s first Black President.

Today marked history for our nation. Today marked a personal history for me. Today was my first time voting for the President of the United States. In the past I have had Presidents as my boss but I never voted for them. Today marked a time where change was needed and it was up to all of us to vote and make a difference. Today marks a tearful and joyful occasion. I look forward to my children knowing that they will be able to attain and achieve anything in life. They too can be President.

Thank you America! A special thanks to my parents though we may not have shared the same political views during this election they showed and taught me that I can do anything and be anything I set my heart, mind and goals to be.
We have come a long way but have longer to go. We have come a long way electing a man of color as President. I feel good as an American. Yes we can!

When my children ask me if they can do or be anything, I will say to them, “Yes you can”!

No comments: